Quantum Design PPMS Physical Prosperities Measurement System
The PPMS is a flexible sample environment that allows a variety of measurements to be performed in a variable temperature-field environment. Electrical, magnetic and optical measurements can be performed at temperatures from 1.9K up to 310K under magnetic fields from -9 to 9 Tesla.
- Vibrating sample magnetometry (VSM) for measuring the magnetization of a materials
- AC and DC transport for performing resistivity, simple hall effect, Van Der Pauw Hall, I-V curve tracing and critical current measurements.
- Magneto-optical measurements.
General Instrument Specifications
- Measurements are performed in a vacuum
- Cryostat temperature range: 1.9K to 290K.
- Magnetic field Range: -9Tto 9T. Continuously varable
- Maximum sample size for electrical measurements
- Sample sizes up to 1in diameter.
- Standard sample size is 0.4in x 0.5in
- Maximum sample size for Magnetic measurements
- Power samples: up to 5.0mm3
- Solid samples: up to 3mm x 7mm